What SMTP (store email) settings should i use for my GoDaddy shared hosting account in the web-based admin?

Home Site Store Pro Knowledge Base (Public Support Forum) Resolving Common Issues What SMTP (store email) settings should i use for my GoDaddy shared hosting account in the web-based admin?

• Author
  • sitestorepro
    Keymaster

GoDaddy.com requires that all emails send from websites hosted on their servers go through a relay server.

If you are using the ASP\MSSQL version of Site Store Pro, please use the following settings:

The following settings should be entered in the SMTP Server Component Settings in your Site Store Pro web-based admin system if you are hosting on a GoDaddy Shared server. (Located under Emails > Set Active Email (SMTP) Server Component (CDONTS, CDOSYS, ASPEmail, etc))

Select Component: CDOSYS

Server Address: relay-hosting.secureserver.net
    SMTP Login Name: [- – Leave This Field Blank – – ]
    STMP Login Password: [ – – Leave This Field Blank – -]
    SMTP Port Number:25
    SMTP Timeout: 10
    If you are using a DEDICATED GoDaddy Server, the Server Address should be: p3smtpout.secureserver.net

If you are using the PHP |MySQL version of Site Store Pro…

The default PHP mail settings typically work fine with all GoDaddy shared hosting account installs. If you are using a dedicated or virtual dedicated GoDaddy server that does not have php mail enabled (PEAR), you can use their relay SMTP server as your SMTP server address : p3smtpout.secureserver.net

Note: The settings above are for your Site Store Pro ecommerce (online store) auto-generated messages such as order confirmations, tell-a-friend and password reminder requests. This is NOT for your POP (desktop) email settings if you are hosting your email with GoDaddy.com. For the GoDaddy Personal/Business email server settings to retrieve and send messages from Outlook, Eudora, etc, please visit:https://help.godaddy.com/article/4715

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search SiteStorePro.com

Subscribe To Our Email List