General Order Discount Example
The General Order discount type is most often used to mark down ALL items on the store for a temporary site-wide sale. (To mark specific brands, categories, subcategories or collections, use the Category | SubCat | Style type)
For example, to mark down ALL items on the store by 25% for a “Memorial Day” sale, follow these steps:
1) Select ‘General Order Discount’ as the “Discount Type”.
2) Enter A Name For The Discount. (i.e. “Memorial Day Weekend Sale : 25 % Off Everything!”)
3) Select ‘Percent Of (%)’ as the “Discount Value Type”
4) Enter 25 in the “Enter Discount Value” field.
5) Enter any criteria (order min / max limits) in the ‘General Order Discount Filter Limits’ section.
6) Select a discount ‘Start’ and ‘Expiration’ dates.
7) Set the discount rule to ‘Active’ by checking box at the bottom of the form.
Note: Every discount type can be set to have either a percentage or specific value discount.