Refunds can be processed for orders at anytime using the Order Status Update feature.
Orders can be completely or partially refunded.
Note: Marking an order as refunded in the web-based admin will NOT credit the customer’s payment account. (i.e. PayPal, VISA, MasterCard, Amex).
You must manually credit the refund amount with your selected payment processor for the customer to receive funds back. (i.e. PayPal, Authorize.net, First Data Global Gateway)
To mark an order as “Refunded”, follow the steps below:
1. Locate the specific order using the Order Manager or Order Search
2. Click on the ‘Update Order / Shipping Status’ link on the Order Details page.
3. Select “Refund” from the ‘Update Order Status’ drop-down list.
4. Enter the refund amount in the ‘Refund Amount’ field.
5. Click on the ‘Save Order Changes’ button.
After submitting the form, the order status will change to ‘Refunded’ and the refund amount and adjusted order total will be reflected on the order details page.
Below is a partial screen shot of the refund information on the order details page: