Site Store Pro contains an advanced inventory management system that gives the site administrator the ability to manage product inventory on both an item and option level.
The inventory management section is accessed in the admin under the INVENTORY tab.
Inventory levels per item can be managed through the web-based manager and option specific (advanced) inventory levels can be set for items that have multiple inventory levels (Example: Shoes with different sizes and different inventory levels per size.)
The type of inventory record for an item (regular or option-specific) is set on the product’s management page.
If an item or item option is out of stock, a specific message can be displayed to the user (customer) to notify them of item availability, stock status, etc.
The following values can be set in the inventory manager per item or per item option:
- SKU # : The SKU # of the specific item or item option.
- Size, Color, Material, Option 1: Option2: These options can be set to make an inventory record Option –Specific or Advanced.
- Stock Level: This is the current stock (inventory) level value of this item. The stock level value minus the buffer level value will determine the available number of this item on the store. If the stock level minus the buffer level is greater than or equal to one the item will be available on the store.
- Buffer Value: The buffer value or safety-level prevents the item from being out-of-stock due to multiple simultaneous orders and/or offline orders that deplete the available inventory. Setting the buffer level to a value greater than zero will provide a cushion in case the item is difficult to re-stock or cannot be oversold. (Example, an event venue with an exact number of available seats cannot be oversold.) The stock level value minus the buffer value will determine the available number of this item on the store. If the stock level minus the buffer level is greater than or equal to one, the item will be available on the store.
- Out Of Stock Message: This is the message that will be displayed if this item is out-of-stock or back-ordered. These messages can be managed under the Products > Out-Of-Stock Messages section in the admin.
- Total Sold: This is the total number of items sold for a specific inventory record. This number is automatically updated when an item that matches the inventory characteristics is sold online. However, this value can be manually updated to reflect refunds and offline-orders.
- Back-Ordered: This sets the item as back-ordered. Note: It is highly recommended to set the Out-Of-Stock Message to “BackOrdered” if this field is active.