Item Search & Display Options
The Site Store Pro ecommerce system includes several methods for customers to easily locate and then purchase products on your online store.
Below is a summary of the default item search and display features included with your installation of Site Store Pro:
(Click on feature link to display detailed information and configuration settings.)
- Store Home Page: Includes Featured and Special items that can be added to the page through the product manager in the admin. Content on this page is configured through the web-based admin and can be enabled/disabled in real-time.
- Dynamic Left Menu Links: The default left menu system includes configurable links that will display filtered product results when clicked on by the customer. By default, the dynamic links only appear on the /store/default.php and /store/store_results.php pages. However, they can be added to any page on a Site Store Pro enabled website.
- Advanced Search Form: The store search page includes a configurable search form that gives the customer ability to search the entire store catalog or drill-down to filter by specific criteria.
- Quick Keyword Search: The keyword search bars gives the customer the ability to search for items that match their keyword(s). The admin configurable search bar can be attached to any page on a Site Store Pro enabled website.
- Site Home Page Random Item Display: The random item display on the home page will display items that have been selected to appear on the home page in a random order. This feature can actually be included on any page of a Site Store Pro enabled website but it typically used as a “teaser” on the site home page.
- Cross-Selling Item(s) Display : The cross-selling (“we also recommend”) feature displays admin-selected upsell items to the customer. This feature can be displayed on either the item details page or after the customer has added and item to their shopping cart.
- Direct URL To Item Display : Site Store Pro displays the direct URL of any item in the store as well as direct links to filter the search results by a specific brand, category, subcategory, collection, size, color, material, shop-by-style or shop-by-occasion. Direct URLs can be copied from the web-based admin system and then used as content links on any website page, online blog or email to point directly to a specific item or group of items (category, subcategory, brand, etc)